Monday, February 2, 2009

How Has This Man Not Been Identified?

I saw this article on MSNBC this morning. Today is the 1-year anniversary of the killings of 5 women and the wounding of a 6th at a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park, Illinois. The killer came early in the morning, when not much money would have even been available. No one can figure out a motive yet, and no one has come forth to say they recognize him, despite an excellent description from the one woman who survived this brutal attack. He's a black man, age 25 to 35, standing 5 feet, 8 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighing 200 to 230 pounds. He had a receding hairline and thick braided hair, with one braid sporting four green beads. They also have an incredibly detailed police sketch, as you can see above.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago when I drove by another plus-size women's store, and found myself wondering if they'd caught the man who did it. It's unbelievable to me that, with the sketch they have, no one has contacted the police with information, or even to say "That kind of looks like this guy I know/work with/have seen at the local grocery store." He has to look familiar to someone. The braid with beads is specific enough that it should stand out to somebody. I'm sure it's been gone for a long time, but there were probably plenty of people who saw him with it sometime prior to the murders.

I wonder if people started posting this information on their blogs, Facebook pages, MySpace pages, etc., if it would get to someone who would recognize him and do the right thing. I hope you'll consider posting it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment