Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When I'm Tempted to Eat a Blizzard...

...I need to remember that:
  • Blizzards are over with way too quickly.
  • The momentary pleasure is not worth the lingering guilt and the desire that I hadn't set myself back in losing weight.
  • They're a waste of money.
  • I end up having to give Rachel sugar or she'd whine and beg and I'd never hear the end of it.
In short, Blizzards should be a very-seldom-eaten treat and are not to be consumed in times of emotional stress, no matter how deep the crap I'm currently wading through.

4 comments:

  1. Yes indeed.

    And so often treats are consumed too quickly to be enjoyed during emotional duress - so my plan is to PLAN a date for a treat that I'm going to be by myself to enjoy it and take my time with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are not a waste of money. The other things are true, but are acceptable.

    Make the Blizzard a goal reward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS drink a glass a cold water before eating sugar... for some reason... the craving almost ALWAYS goes away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tip, Sarah! I've never tried that but will keep it in mind when I just want to stuff my face with something decadently sweet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete