Friday, November 20, 2009

Behold, My 20th Day of Posting in a Row

Yep, that's pretty much what this post is about. It's day 20 of National Blog Posting Month, and I've managed to post for 20 days in a row after months of mostly neglecting my blog.

This definitely helped me to get back on track with posting more regularly, which has been a minor goal of mine for a while. If I'm going to have a blog, I want to actually use it and not post 4 times and then tie up the website address forever without ever doing anything else with it. And now I know I can manage blogging along with other things I'm doing. I don't know if I'll keep up with posting on a daily basis, but I think I'll be posting at least a few times a week.

It seems like a few months ago, I was constantly thinking "That would be a good blog post," but I wasn't writing those things down and wasn't making the time to write the posts. Now that I'm fervently trying to come up with things to blog about, I'm drawing blanks.

It's like when I was in college and I had to write a paper or a speech. Pretty much every time, I'd come right down to the wire before I could come up with an idea and run with it. This was pre-Internet, so I didn't have search engines I could use to find ideas that would interest me enough, and the college library's card catalog was a pathetic substitute for coming up with topics. There were probably books around that I could have gone and gotten, but that would probably have meant spending money to buy one, and I was a poor college student.

I guess I don't really have an excuse now that the Internet does exist, so I'll have to start making better use of it when I'm having trouble coming up with something until the inspiration starts to flow again. I could blog about my kids, but we have a separate blog for that, so I try to keep the kid-specific posts on that one. Which reminds me, I have been severely neglecting that blog lately and need to start posting there regularly again. So much has been happening with the kids that I should be blogging about, like Ben picking up all sorts of new words and Rachel just being her funny self.

Perhaps my goal for December should be to post every day on that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment