Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope your day was full of family, friends and good food (even if the food was just popcorn, toast, pretzels and jelly beans). This is the first holiday in a while where I felt like I had plenty of time to get things done and wasn't stressed while finishing up the preparations. Hopefully more holidays like this are ahead!

We enjoyed a nice feast with James' parents and our friends Corey and Gilda, who we've adopted into our family as extra siblings. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the turkey; the meat itself seemed a little blah to me. I think next year I'll have to go for a name-brand turkey and maybe think about brining it, something I haven't yet tried but which is supposed to give a turkey great flavor and moistness. Everything else was so good, and I loved the double layer pumpkin cheesecake I tried for the first time. That will definitely be going into my repertoire of recipes!

It was a great day to spend time with people we love and enjoy the bounty that God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment