Monday, November 9, 2009

C is For Cake Pops

As you may or may not know, tomorrow is Sesame Street's 40th anniversary. Being a child of the 1970s, I love Sesame Street. I learned quite a bit while watching that show and enjoy sharing it with my 5-year-old, Rachel, now. They have a wonderful way of teaching children about topics and making it fun, while also just cutting loose and being silly for silliness' sake.

One of the blogs I follow is Bakerella. She creates all sorts of wonderful baked goodness and is the originator of cupcake pops, cute little decorated cake bites on a stick. In honor of Sesame Street's milestone, she created cake pops of 4 Sesame Street characters, as seen here:


Could these be any cuter? They're not difficult to make, judging by the written directions, but they do require a bit of time. You can find her full post with step-by-step instructions here.

Another place where I'm getting inspiration is from the book Hello, Cupcake! I got it from James and Rachel (and, presumably, Ben) as a birthday gift last month, and I can hardly wait to try some of the designs. I really wanted to make the pumpkin cupcakes for Rachel's class for Halloween, but they didn't have a party and had the last 2 days of the week off for conferences, so that holiday just kind of came and went. I'm kicking around making their turkey cupcakes for her class for Thanksgiving. They also have some fun Christmas designs and just a ton of other creative ideas. I really want to start making them and not have this be a book that's fun to look at but never gets used. Maybe I should just commit myself by e-mailing Rachel's teacher and volunteering to bring in cupcakes. Then I'll have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment