Monday, November 29, 2010

Always Stuff Going On

Not only is our leak still happening, now it's become a faster drip. We've got a laundry basket catching it, but we have water dripping through a knot in the subfloor, so I'm not sure if we should even keep using that bathroom until the leak is repaired for good.


Called it into American Home Shield and they're sending back out the same plumbers. I called the plumbing company and spoke to the head guy, David. He said "Yeah, Benny said he thought you needed repiping." I said "Really? He didn't say anything to me about that" and David laughed a little and said "Well, either way, you're not paying for it." Like that was the point. How about the fact that Benny felt there was another problem that he hadn't taken care of and hadn't bothered to tell me "If this doesn't fix the problem, you may need repiping"? Or how about the fact that he could have decided on the second visit that repiping was the way to go, and gotten it done, instead of having us continue to live with the drip and require a third visit to (hopefully) fix things?


Not happy about that. I hope that the third time's the charm. Otherwise, I will tell AHS that they will be sending out different plumbers and that they need to take care of the service call fee. I'd rather not have to do that and just want it fixed. I hate this kind of stuff.


Also, our heater is holding steady this morning at 64. Ooh! Just checked it and it's now 65. Hopefully it's heading to its setting of 68. 65's a little too chilly for my taste, and I really don't want to have to deal with heater repair or replacement, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment