Monday, November 15, 2010

I *Love* Finding a Bargain!

I went shopping today at Once Upon a Child, a children's resale shop.  I found some cute things for both Ben and Rachel, including this sweater for Ben:


It was brand new with the tags still attached and was only $8.50 for a nice, heavyweight sweater for our upcoming reputedly-very-cold winter.  Cute sweater and a great deal, right?

But wait!  There's more:


That's right.  This sweater was from Nordstrom and was originally priced at $62.00 before 4 markdowns occurred and it finally went on to greener pastures at Once Upon a Child.  Who on earth would pay $62.00 for a sweater for a 2-year-old?  Obviously it's someone who has way more disposable income than I do and isn't concerned about paying that much for a child's sweater that will be outgrown in 6 months to a year.

I buy a good deal of my kids' clothing second-hand because I find a lot of great clothes that way for good prices, and you also find a better variety at many childrens' resale stores than you do by going to one store at a mall.  I've gotten or seen plenty of things from Gap Kids and Baby Gap, The Children's Place, Old Navy, OshKosh, Carter's, Ralph Lauren and other name-brand clothing stores and been able to do it with one-stop shopping.  I now would find it hard to justify buying all new clothes for my kids every time they outgrew their current wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment