Sunday, November 21, 2010

Indulgent Breakfast Recipe

Paula Deen has some great recipes, but as you may know, they are often high in calories and fat.  Still, sometimes you want to indulge yourself, and holiday breakfasts and brunches are a perfect time for this recipe!  I served it for Christmas brunch last year, and everyone raved over it.  It's a Baked French Toast Casserole with Praline Topping and Raspberry Syrup:


Is your mouth watering now?  Yeah, I thought so.

I served it with a Spinach and Strawberry Salad, an egg/sausage/cheese casserole and fresh fruit.  (What?!  It was Christmas morning.  It's not like I eat that every day.)

If you're not interested in indulging quite that much, Paula Deen's son Bobby has lightened up the original recipe.  You can find his version here.  His version brings the count down to 226 calories and 8 g fat per serving.  I don't even want to think about how many calories and fat grams are in Paula's dish.  I just choose to treat myself to it blindly on the rare occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment