Saturday, November 6, 2010

Giving Thanks

Since Thanksgiving is in a few weeks, I thought this would be a good time to list some of the things for which I'm thankful.  I'm thankful for:

  • a Savior who loved me enough to come to earth and die for my sins, centuries before I was even born.
  • a wonderful loving husband who is a caring father to our children and who seeks to serve the Lord in all he does.
  • a 6-year-old daughter who sometimes drives me crazy but always keeps life interesting, who is intelligent and funny and sweet.
  • a 2-year-old son who lights up when he sees someone he loves, who sometimes expresses his love with a little *too* much hands-on demonstration and whose giggles are infectious.
  • the liquid maple trees and their vivid red leaves at this time of year - they look unreal!
  • music - all sorts of music, from cheesy 80s pop to Christmas songs to praise music to Hawaiian and lots of others in between.
  • having family nearby and being able to see them regularly.
  • a really fun vacation to Victoria a few months ago with our dear friends Corey and Gilda.
  • a warm comfortable house (and especially my warm comfortable bed).
  • being able to sleep well again at night and not dealing with several of coughing before I'm able to settle down.
  • physical health.
  • a weight-loss tool that has allowed me to finally develop willpower and self-control and see results that I know will last.
  • computers that provide opportunities for organization, communication, creativity and fun.
  • a church staff and membership that is striving to follow what the Lord would have us do and is growing and being challenged in how to put that into action.
  • the ability to sing.
  • trees, grass, flowers and bushes, and the general abundance of greenery in the Puget Sound area.
  • rain that keeps me from having to water said trees, grass, flowers and bushes for about 9 months out of the year.
  • sun breaks in the rain that keep me from going nuts and allow me to appreciate the beauty of the rain falling.
  • the double-layer pumpkin cheesecake that I'll be having on Thanksgiving.
  • fondue.
  • board game nights with friends.
  • Christmas.
  • Reese's peanut butter cups.
It was actually pretty easy to come up with that list, and I could keep going, but it's getting late and I'm down to the wire with publishing this today.  Perhaps I'll do another thankfulness list in the next week or two and see what else comes to mind.  Suffice it to say that I'm feeling pretty thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment