Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Potpourri

A little of this and a little of that tonight:

  • My Christmas gift-buying list is coming along.  I started buying gifts in August, but only got a few and a few more in September.  October slipped by me with no purchases, but I'm really ramping up this month. I'd like to start even earlier in the year next year and buy at least 3 or 4 gifts per month so I can spread out the expense and also prevent the stress of Christmas approaching and feeling pressured to figure out what to get.
  • I need to start wrapping the Christmas gifts I already have so that I don't do like I did last year and end up wrapping all of the local gifts on Christmas Eve.
  • This cold rainy weather we've been having has been making me very sleepy and sluggish during the day.  It's tough to be productive when it's like that.
  • I've been doing the revised Breaking Free Bible study by Beth Moore.  It digs really deep, much deeper than any other study I've done, including half a dozen other ones by her.  Really gets to the core of what keeps Christians from fully experiencing abundance in Christ.
  • Today was a pretty good day.  Ben didn't want me to leave him in the church nursery when I went to my Bible study this morning, so I just sat with him and rocked for a while until he felt better.  I suspect teething has really bothered him today, but there were a number of times when he just wanted to snuggle, and that was nice.  He's big on snuggling.
  • Rachel did well with her behavior today, which was great.  Some days have been a struggle lately, and it's nice to have a day without battles.  I got to spend time with both kids just playing and tickling and having fun this afternoon, then Rachel and I sat together under a blanket and read part of a Magic Tree House book.
  • It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a little over 2 weeks away.  And Christmas Day is exactly 1 month after Thanksgiving.  Where on earth has 2010 gone?  Why does it seem like every year goes a little it faster than the one before?
  • I'm supertired right now and looking forward to going to sleep, but I already know that I'm going to still be tired in the morning because I'm not going to get enough sleep.  Tomorrow night, I really must make a point of going to bed early.
  • We're winning the war on clutter in our house, and it feels good.
  • Glee was only meh tonight, but I liked the music, especially "One Love."  Probably going to download that on iTunes using the gift card that James got me for my birthday, along with "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train and the new JJ Heller album, When I'm With You.
  • I'm thinking about trying my hand at making a pendant for James' grandma for Christmas.  I want to create a birthstone pendant with crystals representing the months that each of her great-grandchildren have been born and put it on a nice silver chain.  The stuff I'm finding online is either pricey or looks cheap, so I'm hoping that by making it myself, I'll be able to make something that's nice in quality and a reasonable cost.  I've never made jewelry before.  Wish me luck.
That is all.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment