Monday, January 21, 2013

January Blog A Day: #21 Make a Mood Board

I'll be honest: I didn't know what a mood board was until a few days ago.  If you are also among the uneducated, here's some education courtesy of Wikipedia:

"mood board is a type of collage that may consist of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition of the choice of the mood board creator...Mood boards are often used by graphic designers to enable a person to illustrate visually the direction of style which they are pursuing. However, mood boards can also be used to visually explain a certain style of writing, or an imaginary setting for a storyline. In short, mood boards are not limited to visual subjects, but serve as a visual tool to quickly inform others of the overall 'feel' (or 'flow') that a designer is trying to achieve."

My mood board is a mishmash of things I like, places I'd like to see, crafts I've done or want to do, people who are important to me and other things of significance.  It's a bit crowded, but so is my life, so I figure it represents me well.

If you open the image in a new tab, then click on it, it will give you a bigger board to view.  (Just right-click on it, select "open image in new tab," then click on the image in the tab and you'll see a bigger board.)


No comments:

Post a Comment