Thursday, January 3, 2013

January Blog a Day: #3 Bucket List

Yes, this is a third blog post in one day, but then I'll be caught up!  The topic for January 3 is Bucket List. I've never made a formal bucket list, plus I don't like the term "bucket list" because I think it has morbid implications.  But I've thought about different things I would like to accomplish and experience in my lifetime.  Here are some of them:
  • Learn to speak at least one other language conversationally, if not fluently.  I would love to be fluent in 2 other languages besides English - or more.  It just seems fun, and it would be great for international travel in the future.
  • Learn to play an instrument.  Currently the ones that interest me are drums (because I think that looks like such fun) and bass guitar (because bass guitarists are just cool, let's face it).  Piano would be great, too.
  • Travel to Europe, more than once, I hope.  I particularly want to see England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and Greece.
  • Travel to Australia and New Zealand.
  • Visit Brazil and meet the two children we sponsor through World Vision.
  • Start a business of baked goods and other yummy treats.
  • Go with my family to Washington, D.C.  I went years ago on a trip with the college yearbook and newspaper staffs, but it would be great to go again and to be able to see it with my husband and children.  So much history and really neat museums.
  • Take a trip to NYC and see a bunch of Broadway shows.
  • Purchase a Worldmark membership so we can take more regular vacations in an environment that really makes it easier for families, especially ones that have children with special needs.
  • See Les Miserables, whether it comes back to Seattle on a national tour or if I need to travel to see it elsewhere.
  • Visit Walt Disney World with my family, and go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Geeky, I know, but I really want to see their version of Hogwarts and Diagon Alley!
I'm sure there are more things, but that's what comes to mind tonight as I write this.  Some goals I'd like to accomplish in the next 2 to 3 years; some I would like to do within the next decade, and others are more long-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment