Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January Blog A Day: #27 Regret

I don't have a lot of regrets that have stayed with me.  It's not that I haven't done stupid or foolish things in my life.  I most certainly have.  I try to let go of them and move forward, though.  Sometimes that's easier said than done.

The one regret that is a longstanding one is the wish that I had been less concerned about what others thought of me when I was in high school and college.  I suspect I would have had so much more fun if I wasn't so insecure and self-conscious.  I had enjoyable times then, especially during college, but was often hindered in trying new things and getting to know people because of the fears and anxieties that held me back.

I still am self-conscious sometimes and have a hard time approaching someone to introduce myself and try to get to know them.  I think part of that is the introvert in me.  It's probably never going to be an easy thing for me to walk up to a stranger or the barest of acquaintances and say hello and strike up a conversation with them.

Perhaps I should start carrying around one of those sets of conversation-starter cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment